Lin Airports stands for Linate International Airport (IATA Code LIN), the closest Milan city airport. It’ only 7 km from the city center. Owing to its vicinity to Milan city, has always been considered as the most favored among Milanese airports.
It’s mainly used for domestic and short and medium range international flights. Its name derives from the small nearby village. Officially it’s name is ‘Airport Enrico Forlanini’ (Who was Forlanini?)
On this page you’ll find:
- Linate airport map and airport codes
- Linate airport facilities
- Milan city pass
- Tax refund service
- Useful phone numbers
Visit these related pages to know more about:
Do you need to book a flight to LIN Airport
If you have not already decided to book your flight to Milan, now it’s time to check flights schedule and airfares. Compare with SkyScanner to find flight solutions for wherever you want to go.
You can easily find your flight in real-time updates for all routes and fares.
Linate airport map and airport codes
Linate international airport has a double take-off runway. It has IATA code LIN and ICAO code LIML. Check here what these codes mean?
Above map indicates the route of local bus N° 73 from Lin airport to San Babila square, few steps to Piazza Duomo. Ticket price costs 1,5€. The bus ATM leaves in front of arrival building and it can be purchased from the tickets machine or from the bus driver.
Above map indicates the route of local bus N° 73 from Linate airport to Piazza Duomo, metro stations M1 and M3. Ticket price costs 1,5€. The bus ATM leaves in front of arrival building and it can be purchased from the tickets machine or from the bus driver.
Above map indicates the route of Linate Shuttle Bus from Lin airport to Milan Central Railway Station , metro stations M1 and M3. Ticket price costs 5€ one way and 9€ round trip.
Travel time is 25 minutes and frequency is every 30 minutes up to 23,00 PM. The bus ATM leaves in front of arrival building and tickets may be purchased directly on the shuttle at the same price.
Linate airport facilities
Although Linate airport is much smaller that its big Malpensa brother, offers many useful facilities for passengers such as VIP business lounges, lost property, fast track, bank services, tax refund service, currency exchange and very spacious parking space for 4000 cars that will satisfy both business and tourist visitors.
Buying your ViaMilano Fast Track ticket will significantly save time and gives you quick access to the security checks and to the boarding area. You can buy it linking to Via-milano-eshop.
Be careful once you have bought your fast track to choose when best to use and respect the validity dates! It costs 9€. Check the screenshot below.
Tax refund service
If you have done some shopping during your stay in Milan, you can ask for tax refund. If you haven’t done downtown, the airport is the right place.
There are two tax refund desks at Lin airport:
- Global Blue – situated at 1st floor – Departures (boarding passengers only). Openings: from 6.00 AM. to 10.00 PM. Phone: +39 02 58581196
- Forexchange – located at ground floor, arrivals and 1st floor departures (boarding passengers only)
Openings: (departures) from 6.15 AM to 7.45 PM and (arrivals) from 7.45 AM to 10.15 PM.
Phone: + 39 800 305357.
Milan city pass
Are you about to visit the city of Milan? See the best of Milan at your own pace with the Milano Card. Is it worth buying one?
See what you get:
- Unlimited access to Milan’s public transportation system (bus, tram and the metro) for 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours ( depending on the selected card)
- 50 % discounted or free entries to top Milan attractions like Gallerie d’Italia, Armani Silos, Museum of Science and Technology and more then 20 Milan museums.
- Use your Milan city pass to save money on bike rental
- Free multilingual medical assistance, available 24 hours a day
- Discounted rates for Airport Bus Malpensa, Linate, Bergamo Orio al Serio.
LIN Airport useful phone numbers
- Border police – Phone: (+39) 027021111
- Carabinieri – Phone – (+39) 027384426
- Custom office Phone – (+39) 02 740560
- Guardia di Finanza (finance guard) Phone – (+39) 02 716410
- Airport clinic Phone: (+39) 02 7560760
- Trade fairs service Phone – (+39) 02 74852777
- Border sanitary and veterinary office Phone – (+39) 02 733505
- First Aid Phone – (+39) 02 74852222