Mxp airport stands for Malpensa International Airport (IATA code MXP) located in the province of Varese, 42 km northwest of Milan. It’s the biggest of two international airports in Milan.
On this page you’ll find:
- Malpensa airport maps and airport codes
- Milan Malpensa Airport Facilities
- Milano City Pass
- Tax Refund
- Where to eat and do shopping
- Useful Phone numbers
Do you need to book a flight to MXP Airport
If you have not already decided to book your flight to Milan, now it’s time to check flights schedule and airfares.
Compare with SkyScanner to find flight solutions for wherever you want to go. You can easily find your flight in real-time updates for all routes and fares.
Malpensa airport maps and airport code
Malpensa International airport consists of two terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Distance between them is about 4,8 kilometers.
Terminal 1 map
Malpensa airport has following codes – IATA code is MXP, while ICAO code is LIMC. What are IATA and ICAO codes?
Terminal 1 is the main airport terminal. It’s connected by Malpensa Express train from Cadorna station and Central Milan train station.
Terminal 1 Sections
- 1A: handles domestic and Schengen European flights.
- 1B and 1C: handles non-Schengen and some intercontinental flights. ( All flights from Canada by Air Canada and USA flights by Delta Air Lines are handled on section 1B)
- What are Schengen and non-Schengen flights. Get to know all about the requirements of the Schengen Agreement .
Terminal 1 Levels
- Level 0 – Arrivals
- Level 1 – Departures
- Level 2 – Check in
Terminal 2 map
This terminal handles European Low Cost Carriers. EasyJet is for the moment the only one carrier. (currently only EasyJet). Most flights from London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh are landing on this terminal.
Milan Malpensa airport offers a free shuttle service to connect Terminal 1 with Terminal 2
Milan Malpensa MXP Airport Facilities
This modern airport offers many useful facilities for passengers such as VIP business lounges, lost property, fast track, bank services, tax refund service, currency exchange, pharmacy, first aid, chapel and many more.
From my personal experience, one of the services that gives me the most trouble and makes me lose nerves and time, is check-in procedure. Long and endless queues are quite normal at Mxp airport. How to avoid them and make check-in access more quicker and more relaxing? The answer is:
Fast Track service
ViaMilano FastTrack is the service that provides quicker access to the security checks and faster approach to your boarding area at both Malpensa airport terminals using a dedicated route.
Buying your ViaMilano Fast Track ticket will significantly save time and gives you quick access to the security checks and to the boarding area. You can buy it linking to Via-milano-eshop. Be careful once you have bought your fast track to choose when best to use and respect the validity dates! It costs 9. Check the screenshot below.
Milano City Pass
Are you about to visit the city of Milan? See the best of Milan at your own pace with the Milano Card.
Is it worth buying one? See what you get
- Unlimited access to Milans public transportation system (bus, tram and the metro) for 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours ( depending on the selected card)
- 50 % discounted or free entries to top Milan attractions like Gallerie d’Italia, Armani Silos, Museum of Science and Technology and more then 20 Milan museums.
- Use your Milan city pass to save money on bike rental
- Free multilingual medical assistance, available 24 hours a day
- Discounted rates for Airport Bus Malpensa, Linate, Bergamo Orio al Serio.
Tax Refund at MXP Airport
If you have done some shopping during your stay in Milan, you can ask for tax refund. If you haven’t done downtown, the airport is the right place.
Find out how to request a VAT refund for your purchases made in Italy, both inside and outside the airport. In fact, all those who are resident or domiciled outside the European Union are eligible for a reduction or refund of VAT included in the purchase price of goods. Find out where to find Tax Refund desks at MXP Airport.
- GLOBAL BLUE (Terminal 1) – 1st Floor – Departures (boarding area A – zone 12,Tax Free Area) 2nd Floor – Departures (check-in,zone 12) Openings: from 6.00 a.m. to 10.30 p.m. Phone: +39 02 58581196. Website!
- TAX REFUND (Terminal 1) – 1st Floor – Departures (boarding area A – zone 12,Tax Free Area) 2nd Floor – Departures (check-in,zone 12). Openings:from 6.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. Phone: +39 02 58581110. Website!
- PREMIER TAX FREE (Terminal 1) – 1st Floor – Departures (boardings area A – zone 12,Tax Free Area) 2nd Floor – Departures (check-in,zone 12) Openings: from 05.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. Phone: +39 02 58580247. Website!
Where to eat and do shopping
With the vast range of restaurants, bars and shops in both terminals, waiting for your flight will be a pleasurable experience. Mxp airport offers three dedicated piazzas according your needs:
- Piazza del lusso – Since May 2014, the Piazza del Lusso welcomes some of the world’s best known luxury brands: from Bulgari, Armani and Ermenegildo Zegna to Etro, Ferragamo and Gucci; from Hermes and Montblanc to Damiani.
- Piazza del Pop – is dedicated to the trendy brands that interpret the Design & Street Fashion of the Milan city. Zara store with its bright interior and contemporary design, offers passengers a spacious 700 square meters, a pure joy of shopping.
- The Piazza del Gusto (Taste Square) is a space of over 2,200 sqm located in the departure area of Terminal 1 provide passengers with a high quality commercial offer.
Mxp Airport Useful-Phone numbers
Important public services available at Milano Malpensa Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
- Call center – Phone +39 02 232323 (lines are open 7 days a week, from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Baggage Left Office – Phone +39 02 74867277. Terminal 1 at ground Floor – Arrivals B: open every day from 6:00 to 22:0.
- First Aid – Phone +39 02 748624.02 – 09 at ground floor south side.
- Pharmacy – Ground Floor – Tel. (+39) 02 58580287
- Pharmacy – Arrivals : open every day from 8:00 to 20:00. First Floor – Tel. (+39) 02 58582221
- Taxi Mxp airport service – Phone +39 331 231312 – +39 331 231313 at ground Floor
- Taxi Mxp airport service – Arrivals A : open every day from 7:00 to 22:00