The airport has a double take-off runway and due to its close vicinity to Milan city; it has always been considered as the most favored among Milanese airports.
Airport Code and Meaning
Lin Airports stands for Linate International Airport and it uses the IATA Code, LIN and an ICAO code of LIML. Check here for what these codes mean?
The name is derived from the small nearby village. Officially, however, Linate’s true name is Airport Enrico Forlanini. If you don’t know who that is, you might enjoy reading up on him on Wikipedia.
Flights and Purpose
The airport is mainly used for domestic, and short and medium-range international flights. If you want more detail about how to get here, try reading our airport transfer articles.
If you have not already decided to book your flight to Milan, you can easily check schedules and airfares with Skyscanner.
Interactive Airport Map
On the map below you’ll find markers for airport check-in counters, customs, parking, and bus stops. We’ve also listed locations for airport shopping, car rentals, shopping, restaurants, bank machine, foreign exchange and more.
The ATM shuttle is the most cost-effective, public transport method to way to reach Linate airport. Detailed below we offer metro tips on how to reach central Milan in order to catch the airport shuttle.
The map below indicates the route of local bus N° 73 from Lin airport to San Babila square, few steps to Piazza Duomo. Tickets cost 1.50 €.
The bus ATM leaves in front of the arrival building and it can be purchased from the tickets machine or the bus driver.
The map below map indicates the route of local bus N° 73 from Linate airport to Piazza Duomo, metro stations M1 and M3. Tickets cos 1.50 €.
The bus ATM leaves in front of the arrival building and it can be purchased from the tickets machine or from the bus driver.
Travel time is 25 minutes and frequency is every 30 minutes up to 23,00 PM. The bus ATM leaves in front of the arrival building and tickets may be purchased directly on the shuttle at the same price.
Although Linate airport is much smaller than its big Malpensa brother, offers many useful facilities for passengers such as:
- VIP business lounges, fast-tracking, and lost property
- Tax refund service, bank services, and currency exchange
- Very spacious parking for over 4000 cars
Buying your ViaMilano Fast Track ticket will significantly save time and gives you quick access to the security checks and the boarding area. You can buy it linking to Via-milano-eshop.
Be careful once you have bought your fast track to choose when best to use and respect the validity dates! It costs 9€. Check the screenshot below.
If you have done some shopping during your stay in Milan, you can ask for a tax refund. If you haven’t done this already downtown, the airport is the right place. There are two tax refund desks at LIN airport:
Situated on the 1st floor in departures (boarding passengers only).
Hours: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
Phone: +39 02 58581196
Located at ground floor, arrivals and 1st-floor departures (boarding passengers only)
Hours: Departures from 6:15 am to 7:45 pm | Arrivals from 7:45 am to 10.15 pm
Phone: + 39 800 305357
Milan City Pass
See what you get:
- Unlimited access to Milan’s public transportation system (bus, tram, and the metro) for 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours ( depending on the selected card)
- 50 % discounted or free entries to top Milan attractions like Gallerie d’Italia, Armani Silos, Museum of Science and Technology and more than 20 Milan museums.
- Use your Milan city pass to save money on bike rental
- Free multilingual medical assistance, available 24 hours a day
- Discounted rates for Airport Bus Malpensa, Linate, Bergamo Orio al Serio.
Useful Phone Numbers
Jot down these important Linate Airport phone numbers in case you need them during your travels.
- Border Police: +39 027021111
- Carabinieri: +39 027384426
- Customs Office: +39 02 740560
- Guardia di Finanza (finance guard): +39 02 716410
- Airport Clinic: +39 02 7560760
- First Aid: +39 02 74852222
- Trade Fairs Service: +39 02 74852777
- Border Sanitary and Veterinary Office: +39 02 733505