La Terraza Restaurant in Old Havana serves big meaty grilled BBQ meals from $10 CUC per main. Dinner for 2 with drinks will cost approx $40 CUC.
Our first night in Cuba and didn’t know where to go and eat. Didn’t want to spend much but also couldn’t be bothered looking around at heaps of different restaurants. I saw this restaurant on the AlaMesa app but also got stopped by a guy who was selling the restaurant while we were walking around.
There are 3 restaurants in the one building starting with the cheapest at the bottom – the Italian, then next floor up is Cuban then top floor they call BBQ which is La Terraza Restaurant. We didn’t want to sit in aircon so opted for the rooftop BBQ.
It was a great choice with a lovely view of stunning old buildings all lite up. You could also side just inside in the aircon which wasn’t too cold.
There was a 4 piece band playing as we entered, disappointingly playing a European song rather than Cuban music. One table obviously paid (don’t know how much) to have the band do a request which they obliged by singing an old Eagles song right at their table.
Thank goodness the menu was in English. We got there at 9pm and were told all the seafood was already sold out, didn’t bother us as. Small menu choice which I like.
- 2 x Pina Colada’s to start with (very small but lots of achole! ) – $6
- 1 x Cerueza Cristal Beer – nice and cold – $2.25
- 1 x Mojito, my first in Cuba and had to try. Lovely fresh mint and very strong – $3
- 1 x Â½ Chicken BBQ – got 3 decent pieces with grilled banana, very nice – $10
- 1 x Smokey Pork – got 3 decent pieces, bit too salty but very nice with Pinapple & grilled banana – $10
- 2 x Grilled Veg (Tomatoes, Eggplant, Capiscum, Cucumber & Onion) delicious – $6
Didn’t know they added 10% tax – $3.73.
Total Bill – $40.98 – I left them $43 CUC – although tipping is not expected
Staff all spoke very good English, service was excellent. We’d go back again but share one of the mains with 2 sides of vegs. Wouldn’t bother with the cocktails, have 2 beers instead. This would cut the bill down to only $22.55 CUC. Cheaper night out!