Renting one of many Split Croatia apartments is for sure the best way to stay in Split city or around its surroundings. It’s a reliable option as a good alternative to hotel accommodation. You will certainly spend less and save on Split accommodation.
Whenever you decide to spend in Split few days, I recommend you to opt for a rental apartment. Not only does it often save money, but for families or a group of friends, it’s often more comfortable and convenient than staying in a hotel.
The apartment rental is a good choice if:
- You’re interested in staying in a more residential area (e.g. inside the Diocletian Palace walls) to get a specific flavor of life in Split city.
- If you are traveling with kids or friends, it can be useful to have more than one room, or a living room to be separated, while the kids are sleeping or if some of your friends like to sleep longer.
- You enjoy having a kitchen to prepare breakfast and meals using local markets, than Split is a right place.
- You are planning on a longer stay and want to save money.
Tips for Choosing A Vacation Rental Split Croatia Apartments
One of the principal tips you should follow, concerning the apartments rental costs is – the date and how long you stay intend to stay. For example, for a nice two-bedroom apartment with kitchen with balcony you’ll pay:
- For three nights for 4 persons in July 2019 (in first 10 days) you’ll pay € 420 (105 € per person).
- For three nights after 10 July 2019 you’ll pay 900 € (225 € per person).
- For seven nights in June 2019 the costs are € 770 (193 Euro per person)
This apartment is less than 300 meters from Diocletian Palace. It provides free WI-Fi and free parking on site. Each of the apartments has a balcony, air conditioning and cable TV.
There is a grocery shop next door and numerous shops, bars and restaurants. Marjan Forest Park is about 1 km away.
One of the most important tips you should stick to – book your apartments rentals exclusively online. Only is case you have already arrived in Split without reservation than I recommend to visit Tourist Biro at Hrvatskog Narodnog Preporoda Square n° 12 (ask locals for Prokurativa). Their website is here or call + 385/ 21/ 347-100; 347-271!
There are many different property rental agencies. In some cases the vacation rentals are private residences where the owners will vacate their apartment while you visit. Here are some questions to check when choosing a rental apartment:
- Exactly where is the apartment located. How close is it to the nearest transportation point, like airport distance, bus or train station and ferry harbor?
- How much deposit is required, and what is the refund policy if you need to cancel? Is the deposit paid by cash or credit card?
- What is included in the rental fee? Many rental agencies charge extra for electricity, telephone, and internet service.
- What appliances are included? Is there a microwave, stove, oven or clothes washer? What amenities are included (for instance is there a pool?)
- How many people can the apartment accommodate? How many bedrooms/bathrooms?
- Is the apartment reasonably child safe? For example, is there an open stairway in the apartment or an attic with inadequate railing?
Which is the best online lodging reservations agency?
It will be better to ask which is the most reliable online search engine if you decide to book your Split Croatia apartment rental in advance? As for this, I have no doubt! I would trust only two international online search engines:
Search on booking.com
Search on homeandaway.com
Sometimes it’s much better to use a local online agency. The one which I know very well is Adriatic.hr, located in Split. I found their search engine excellent, staff extremely responsive and helpful. Their website is very transparent and easy to follow.